Register: 10 February 2011 / Submit: 1 April 2011
Registration fee: none
Prize: 10 000 €
Architecture and Urban Design are launching a Competition for the best urban landscape design of the central area of Kyiv within the framework of preparation for UEFA Football Championship – Euro-2012 and for more distant future.
The Competition is supported by Canactions international youth architectural festival, National Union of Architects of Ukraine, Architectural Club and Heinrich Böll Foundation in Ukraine.
The Aim of the Competition
The Competition aims to define the best urban landscaping design and its authors, guided by the principles of sustainability, and to provide necessary conditions for its realization.
Main Objectives of the Competition
- to highlight the importance of the area in questions and acknowledge its resources;
- to draw the attention of professionals and general public to the poor state of urban landscape in the central part of the city;
- to suggest effective solutions to this problem, making good use of the European experience, and adopting a responsible attitude to Nature, City and future generations, with the prospects for European integration;
- to create a precedent of a project on the basis of competition, which is new for Kyiv; to ensure high professional level of its results by means of involving remarkable Ukrainian and foreign specialists both as participants and members of the jury;
- to provide conditions for the realization of the winning project.
To find out more information click here