Register/Submit: 20 April 2011
Registration fee: none
Launched in 2001, the MASterworks Awards celebrate new development in New York City by honoring excellence in architecture and urban design and recognizing the people behind the scenes who make significant contributions to New York’s built environment. The winners will be announced at an awards ceremony later this year.
MAS is currently seeking nominations for the 2011 awards for projects completed in 2010. Entries will be accepted until April 20 at www.mas.org/masterworks for the following categories:
- Best New Building, for outstanding new design.
- Best Restoration, for the restoration of a historically significant commercial, residential or institutional building and/or a publicly-accessible lobby.
- Best Storefront Design, for innovative design that contributes to street life.
- Neighborhood Catalyst, for a project that has been a medium for change in its neighborhood.
- Best Privately-Owned Public Space, for an outstanding public space created as part of a private development.
- Best Green Design Initiative, for a renovation or restoration that integrates sustainable design principles. (Note: this award is not for a new building.)